Thursday, November 24, 2011

What I'm Thankful For

Well, our family planned to go to Mass today and take a bit of time to thank God for all of our blessings. BUT my daughter woke up with a hurting elbow, and it took us quite awhile to get her back to sleep, and then us back to sleep.

So, although this is a poor substitute for the thanksgiving of the Eucharist, I thought I'd just give a random list of things, small and great, for which I'm thankful.

  • That all of my aches and pains are just that--nothing more. I can lead my life, and do the things I'm called to do and want to do.
  • That my family is healthy.
  • That I have a husband and kids who love me and whom I love.
  • That we have a home and enough to eat.
  • That my husband and I have jobs we love and that let us make a difference in the lives of others.
  • That our kids are doing fine--in school and in life.
  • That I hit the "lottery" of life when it came to getting good parents. Although they are now in eternal life and I miss them every day, I am enriched by their love and what they taught me.
  • That we didn't spend money on landscaping before realized that the Texas drought was going to be going on for awhile.
  • That I can still fit into my pants even though I've gained a few pounds.
  • That my car can get me where I need to go.
  • That I have several books on my "must read" list to look forward to.
  • That I can watch the parade right now, and the Texas A&M vs. Texas football game tonight on the big screen.
For these and so many other blessings, I'm truly thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment